Software Test Engineer
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers,Technology ~ QA,Technology ~ Testing
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
SG Gaming has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join the testing team based out of Chadderton.
The successful candidate shall become an important part of the testing team which has grown to 14 team members spread across locations in Chadderton and India.
Working closely with the development team, you will be responsible for testing games at a system test level to maintain the quality of SG games through designing and executing test cases.
This position would suit a candidate who is highly motivated, is a team player and drives for success, to ensure games are released which are of the very best quality.
- Analysis of test requirements to identify test scenarios
- Create test cases and maintain current suite of tests
- Execute test cases, reporting defects to the developer for a fix to be applied
- Retest defects to verify fix
- Setup and maintenance of test environments
- Provide daily updates to Content QA Manager on testing progress
- Participate in Ad Hoc game play sessions
- Mentoring of other testing team members
- Ensure that each software release conforms to defined game standards and regulatory requirements
- Previous experience working as a Senior test engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar with using bug tracking tools (Mantis/Jira)
- Experience using QA Management tools (Qtest/Test Rail)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Previous experience working within the games industry is desirable but not essential