Oracle Junior Developer
Department / Function: Corporate ~ Yield Management
We require a candidate for the role of Oracle Junior Developer to work within the data team which supports transaction processing and reporting systems. The software platforms in use are Oracle RDBMS and Oracle Enterprise Linux.
The role requires a developer to work in a small development team to provide, development and support in order to help create and maintain application development projects.
The candidate must have good interpersonal skills.
- Undertake design, development and unit test activities
- To develop software in accordance with quality, coding and installation standards
- Deliver tasks in accordance with estimated and agreed timelines and effort
- Investigate reported errors, identify causes and resolve problems
- Make required changes or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures
- Produce test specifications to demonstrate that re-configured elements meet the requirement.
- Execute unit tests and document outcomes
- Provide regular progress reports to line management in accordance with agreed procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as an Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Developer
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux operating systems,
- Unix or Linux shell scripting experience
- Knowledge of ETL Processes for Oracle databases would be an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.