Department / Function: Technology ~ Database Administration,Technology ~ Technology
SG Gaming, a leader in the UK gaming market is seeking a BI Administrator/Developer to join the Feltham based team. The successful candidate will work within the data team which supports a variety of BI systems. The software platforms in use are Cognos, SPSS Modeller and Power BI, Cognos Analytics being the primary BI Product.
The role requires a talented administrator to work in a small development team to provide analysis, design, development and support in order to create and maintain BI software environments.
- Create and maintain BI software environments; patching, upgrading, configuring, fault finding and problem resolution.; installing, upgrading, configuring, maintaining, fault finding and problem resolution.
- Integrate BI software with other platforms, for example Data Mining
- Drive user adoption and exploitation of new features and techniques
- Undertake design, development, documentation and test activities
- Deliver tasks in accordance with estimated and agreed timelines and effort
- Investigate assigned reported errors, identify cause and resolve problem
- Make required changes or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures
- Produce and/or update detailed design specifications
- Produce test specifications to demonstrate that re-configured elements meet the requirement.
- Execute unit tests and document outcomes
- Provide regular progress reports to line management in accordance with agreed procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Substantial proven experience as a Cognos Administrator in versions Cognos 10.2 and more importantly Cognos Analytics across multi-tier solutions.
Ability to Maintain and develop reporting packages in Framework Manage
OLAP analysis and Cognos Transformer cube maintenance and development
- Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems and shell scripting experience would be beneficial
- Experience of sourcing data from Oracle Databases is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
SG Gaming employs more than 500 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To apply please click on Apply Now or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org