Senior Oracle Developer (PL/SQL)
Department / Function: Technology ~ Systems Development
SG Gaming, a leader in the UK gaming market is seeking a Senior Developer to join the Feltham based Corporate IT department. The succesful candidate will work within the data team which supports transaction processing and reporting systems. The software platforms in use are Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Cognos.
The role requires a talented PL/SQL developer to work in a small development team to provide analysis, design, development and support in order to create and maintain application development projects.
- Undertake design, development and unit test activities
- Provide estimates for proposed development and produce technical documentation to cover these activities
- To develop software in accordance with quality, coding and installation standards
- Investigate reported errors, identify causes and resolve problems
- Make required changes or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures
- Produce and/or update detailed design specifications
- Produce test specifications to demonstrate that re-configured elements meet the requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Substantial proven experience as an Oracle SQL, PL/SQL Developer
- Familiar with UNIX or Linux operating systems,
- Unix or Linux shell scripting experience
- Ability to turn commercial requirements into a technical specification
- Performance Tuning
- Familiar with data warehouse design principles and best practices for maintaining dimension and fact tables
- Design ETL Processes for Oracle databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
SG Gaming employs more than 500 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To apply please click on Apply Now or contact: email@example.com