QA Test Analyst
Department / Function: Technology ~ QA
Working in a C++ environment, this is a great way to escalate your knowledge to the next level. You will investigate and research ways to implement automation testing . Working along side our highly skilled QA Team, in a fast paced industry, you will take responsiblity for ensuring high quality products are delivered to our customers.
You can expect to be designing and executing test cases for every software release. Ensuring the highest quality for new gaming features, reporting any regression issues introduced by bug fixing.
Based in the Manchester, the R & D department is responsible for the design, development and testing of products and systems. Your contribution is required for all phases of testing, including integration, system test and product assurance.
- Participate in sessions to gather requirements, technical details, report defects & progress.
- Preparation of test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results.
- Prepare and maintain regression test suite, ensuring continuous update.
- Investigation into the implementation of Automation Testing.
- Execute test cases and report progress on regular basis.
- Record and track descriptive and reproducible defects and verify fixes.
- Work closely with the development team to resolve defects.
- Participate actively in general QA team activities, including test environment support, test process improvement and quality audits.
- You will adhere to internal schedules; working proactively to identify any obstacles and bringing them to the attention of the line manager
- You will support other team members to ensure the collective objective of the team is achieved
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
In addition to having a genuine passion for software testing, a desire to learn new skills and techniques is also a major pre-requisite of this position. The candidate must demonstrate a good level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software testing.
- Experience in Software Testing
- An understanding of software development methodologies
- A knowledge of non-functional testing
- Basic Windows 7/10 knowledge
- Knowledge of Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Knowledge of Test Automation is a plus.
- Some knowledge of C++ in an object oriented and modular environment.
- Higher education or formal training in software testing (ISEB or ISTQB) preferred.
- Familiar with a Windows development environment using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience of using source code control, for example GIT.
- Experience in testing Web Services is a plus.
- Experience of Bug Tracking software (preferably Jira and Zephyr for Jira).
- Some basic scripting knowledge (Batch files, Python).
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: Laura.Turnill@sg-gaming.com