Junior QA Test Analyst
Department / Function: Technology ~ QA
Based in the Manchester regional hub, the R & D department is responsible for the design, development and testing of products and systems to meet the needs of the SG Gaming business. Consisting of project management, requirements analysis, software engineering and QA functions, it is responsible for the complete software development cycle.
Responsible for maintaining the quality of the company’s products and systems by designing and executing test cases for every software release you will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of the new features and reporting any regression issues that may be introduced by bug fixing. Your contribution is required for all phases of testing, including integration, system test and product assurance.
- Participate in sessions to gather requirements, technical details, report defects & progress
- Provide estimates and feedback for project scheduling purposes
- Preparation of test plans and test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results
- Prepare and maintain regression test suite, ensuring continuous update
- Execute test cases and report progress on regular basis
- Record and track descriptive and reproducible defects and verify fixes
- Ownership of major functionality and provide subject matter expertise, consultation and coaching
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Some experience in Software Testing
- An understanding of software development methodologies
- Some knowledge of the STLC ( Software Testing Life Cycle )
- A knowledge of non-functional testing
- Basic Windows 7/10 knowledge
- Higher education or formal training in software testing (ISEB or ISTQB) preferred
- Experience in testing Web Services is a plus
- Experience in testing gambling machines would an advantage
- Knowledge of test automation is a plus
- Experience of Bug Tracking software (preferably Jira and Zephyr for Jira)
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org