Software Engineer - Unity, C++, C#
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Content Development
Unity Developer – Unity, C++, C#, .NET, C, Visual Studio, Direct X, Open GL, Manchester
SG Gaming designs and develops leading gaming content in a creative and dynamic work environment, constantly striving to deliver new and exciting content to our consumers. We are currently looking for a Unity Developer to strengthen our Content Development team.
Working alongside the Software Manager, you will assist in defining the development process for creating video game software for the UK and international gaming markets. You will be expected to investigate aspects of Unity game development to determine best methodology and tasked with taking games from initial concept through to final production.
The ideal candidate will have developed their professional skillset through developing games using C++ before migrating to utilising the Unity Engine. They will be strong in C# or .NET and have a degree in a maths, science or IT related subject.
- Delivering game content and make a significant contribution to the software teams overall output.
- Produce team guiding software helping to improve software quality.
- Develop software whilst conforming to coding standards, release procedures and processes.
- Assist in a process of training experienced engineers in the learning of the unity game engine.
- Follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner.
In addition to a genuine interest in gaming, an in depth knowledge of 2D/3D video games programming and creative flair are major pre-requisites of the position.
The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development. We would expect you to have the following:
- Solid commercial experience in developing games utilising the UNITY game engine.
- Strong C#/.NET knowledge in an object oriented environment.
- Good level of understanding of C/C++ development.
- Direct X / Open GL knowledge, with experience of graphic performance optimisation preferable.
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as Maths or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with the application of software design patterns.
- Ideally some knowledge of the Gaming/Gambling industry.
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies’.
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices and fault tracking systems.
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
Please click ‘Apply now’ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org