Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
As a global leader in the gaming and lottery industries with annual revenue of nearly $3 billion, Scientific Games’ mission is to empower our customers by creating the world’s best gaming and lottery experiences.
Our casino, interactive and instant lottery games are designed to reach players wherever they are, whenever they want to play, and in any channel they choose: casino, retail or digital.
For more than 85 years through our acquired companies, Scientific Games has delivered what customers and players value most: trusted security, creative content, operating efficiencies, and innovative technology.
Through our three operating divisions – Gaming, Lottery and Interactive – we offer customers a fully integrated portfolio of technology platforms, robust systems, engaging game content, and unrivalled professional services and marketing solutions.
Headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada with approximately 8,400 employees worldwide, we serve our customers from manufacturing, printing, and commercial facilities on six continents.
The Corporate IT department is responsible for managing the operations of all corporate and production IT and Business Intelligence system platforms and infrastructure. The department of 25 people comprises an Oracle Data group, and infrastructure, service desk and network support teams.
We require a candidate for the role of BI Administrator to work within the data team which supports a variety of BI systems. The software platforms in use are Cognos, SPSS Modeller and Power BI.
The role requires a talented administrator to work in a small development team to provide analysis, design, development and support in order to create and maintain BI software environments.
- Create and maintain BI software environments; patching, upgrading, configuring, fault finding and problem resolution.
- Integrate BI software with other platforms, for example Data Mining
- Drive user adoption and exploitation of new features and techniques
- Undertake design, development, documentation and test activities
- Deliver tasks in accordance with estimated and agreed timelines and effort
- Investigate assigned reported errors, identify cause and resolve problem
- Make required changes or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures
- Produce and/or update detailed design specifications
- Produce test specifications to demonstrate that re-configured elements meet the requirement.
- Execute unit tests and document outcomes
- Provide regular progress reports to line management in accordance with agreed procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Substantial proven experience as a Cognos Administrator
- Knowledge of the development process using the Cognos 10.2 and 11 suite of tools including framework manager
- OLAP analysis and Cognos cube development
- Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems and shell scripting experience would be beneficial.
- Experience of sourcing data from Oracle Databases is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
Candidates will need to have the following attributes to be successful in the role:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision whilst meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter able to liaise with stakeholders to establish requirements.
- Ability to self-learn and acquire skills and techniques as required.
- Flexibility to see projects to completion in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Strong drive to document work, share knowledge and collaborate in a team.
- Strong organisational, verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Logical, structured and analytical.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location