Software Team Lead
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Content Development
Working in a creative software team alongside graphic artists and games designers, the role is to develop video game software for UK and International gaming markets. The employee will have full responsibility for taking games from initial concept through to final production. At a Team Lead level the employee would be expected to lead projects that will improve the software team, assisting the software manager with setting the direction of development within the software team. The individual will also be expected to provide a support and development role to other engineers.
Based in Manchester and Wolverhampton, we have over seventy highly skilled development staff designing and developing game content for UK and International markets.
- The employee is required to be responsible for delivering game content and make a significant contribution to the software teams overall output.
- Develop software whilst conforming to coding standards, release procedures and processes.
- Follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner.
- Take a lead role in code reviews of other colleague’s developments.
- Assist in producing team guiding software helping to improve software quality.
- Lead meetings amongst the team/external on technical elements of discussion.
- Work closely with the software manager on planning and team development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
In addition to a genuine interest in gaming, an in depth knowledge of 2D/3D video games programming and creative flair are major pre-requisites of the position.
- The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development.
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as maths or Computer Science.
- High level of Professional experience in the games/gaming industry.
- Strong C/C++/C# in an object oriented environment.
- Commercial experience in developing games utilising the UNITY game engine (or similar) is desirable
- DirectX / Open GL knowledge preferable.
- 3D/2D commercial game development experience.
- Good understanding of statistical math.
- Knowledge of Gaming/Gambling industry.
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies’.
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices.
- Good understanding of the importance of fault tracking systems.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits including the following:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
Please click ‘Apply now’ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org