Lead Workshop Technician
Department / Function: Operations ~ Warehouse
The core deliverables as part of the workshop team is to repair and refurbish terminals and components that have been deemed faulty from our field technicians and customers; whilst also preparing new and existing equipment ready to be installed for our clients. We pride ourselves on the output of our work, there is a robust rollout and repair plan to support installations and at times this can be challenging and requires a team that is adaptable to the demands of the business to ensure we conform to the schedule.
The workshop is based in Chadderton; you will take great pride in the work you do and will endeavour to offer a professional standard. You will be responsible for ensuring that terminals and components are tested and repaired to the highest standard, this will ensure optimum reliability for our clients once installation has taken place. This is a lead role that supports the department manager, to ensure the smooth running of the department. You will show initiative and have strong prioritising skills along with planning and organising skills to support with the workshop deadlines.
- Test and repair key products
- Ensure correct software and/or firmware is used on all refurbished and repaired equipment
- Follow test and repair procedures
- Document all repair work as required and ensure the stock inventory system is kept up to date for parts used.
- Ensure all equipment is clean, tidy, properly labelled and packed before being sent out.
- Occasionally you may be required to work offsite.
- Soak test equipment where appropriate.
- Ensure work place is kept clean and tidy
- To assist the department Manager in the daily running of the workshop
- To lead various projects as outlined by department Manager
- Lead the team with clear direction
- Ensuring weekly targets & KPI’s are met
- Ensuring correct processes and work instructions, SOP’s are adhered to
- Ensuring Quality remains high
- Fulfilling all additional requirements including support for other departments
- Dealing with additional workload
- Dealing with spares shortages
- Dealing with constant product changes such as EOL parts and Firmware upgrades
- Reporting on any issues and raising to the relevant parties
- Implement any changes required
- React quickly to any complaints and carry out any necessary changes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Analytical approach with the ability to consistently adhere to company procedures and practices and ensuring all relevant paperwork is maintained and completed in a timely manner.
- Proven proactive approach diagnosing faults with the ability to use initiative towards problem solving and trouble shooting.
- The ability to prioritize work load as well as having the right attitude to react positively when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail with the ability to efficiently meet deadlines is essential.
- Computer competent ideally proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Good understand of stock systems, Astea/Oracle or Other
- Familiar with ISO 9001:2015
- Experience in a fast paced Workshop/Production Environment