Department / Function: Operations ~ Warehouse
SG Gaming delivers market leading betting terminals to the retail gaming sector. We are now seeking a Workshop Technician to join the Chadderton based engineering team.
The workshop’s core responsibility is to build, repair and refurbish gaming terminals and components from the field, as well as to prepare new equipment ready for installs and various rollout programs.
In this role you will cover both mechanical and electrical functions to help with the early development of new products, receiving a brief for you to work from. You will need to communicate this brief to all levels of the engineering team and will be responsible for reporting any issues from the prototype or production builds to the appropriate engineer.
- To produce any samples required from drawings or sketches provided by engineering, making sure that they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for any aspect of a build of prototypes/golden samples (building, wiring, loading software, testing and producing fault reports).
- Assist in handover process to production.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the workshop, making sure the equipment is maintained to the required safety standards.
- Ordering any consumables used in the workshop.
- Support production as when required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferred ONC/OND qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience working as a technician in mechanical or electrical engineering role.
- The ability to prioritise work load as well as having the right attitude to react positively when working under pressure.
- Computer literacy ideally proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Analytical approach with the ability to consistently adhere to company procedures and practices through to ensuring all relevant paperwork is maintained and completed in a timely manner.
This role would suit an enthusiastic and reliable individual with excellent multi-tasking skills, flexible, highly organised with an electrical/pc background that also has good mechanical skills. We are looking for a team player who is helpful and full of initiative and willing to learn and develop their own skills.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits including:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
Title search: Workshop, electrical, electronic, mechanical