Security Guard - 3 month FTC
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Location: Leeds, UK
Hours: 12 hours per day shift pattern covering days, nights and weekends
We are currently seeking 2 x Temporary Security Guards to join our manufacturing plant in Leeds on a 3-month, fixed term basis. Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
This role works on a 12 hours per day shift pattern covering days, nights and weekends.
Your responsibilities will be full and varied and will include:
- Maintaining the security of the site by carrying out regular patrols, monitoring CCTV surveillance and addressing any security breaches.
- Monitoring alarms and other technical equipment, including testing.
- Escorting visitors and contractors around the site, maintaining high levels of security at all times.
- Working with and maintaining fire safety systems (fire panels, fire testing etc)
- Carrying out random searches of personnel
- Co-ordinating fire evacuations from the Security Gatehouse, including establishing where alarms have been triggered, requesting assistance from the emergency services if necessary, distributing roll call lists and radios to fire marshalls, and ensuring that all employees have been accounted for.
- Ensuring all incident reports and site documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Providing first aid assistance to employees if required (full training will be given).
Successful applicants must possess the following:
- Previous experience in security procedures, ideally having operated in a highly secure environment.
- Experience of being responsible for fire evacuation procedures.
- Experience of CCTV operation.
- Current full Security Guard SIA Licence (Front Line Security Badge).
- Ability to remain calm and focused while working within a highly pressurised environment
- Capability to deal with both employees and visitors in a variety of settings, and in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Capacity to operate at consistently high levels of vigilance, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be a good team player
- Willingness to take a flexible approach to work as will be required to work a variety of shifts
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: LeedsRecruitment@scientificgames.com