Business Improvement Engineer (CSR/Sustainability)
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Improvement Engineer to join our manufacturing plant in Leeds. Scientific Games is a subsidiary of the $1billion per annum turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratchcards to clients in Europe.
In conjunction with the two other Business Improvement Engineers in the team, you will liaise with other UK and global subsidiaries to implement and promote business management system strategies locally and worldwide. Within that team, this role has a particular focus on driving forward our CSR and Sustainability mission.
The role will involve carrying out the following in relation to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, WLA Responsible Gaming and FSC/PEFC Chain of custody management systems:
- Developing our CSR strategy and implementing initiatives.
- Ensuring continual improvement of all current business management systems.
- Carrying out internal audits, giving appropriate feedback and assisting departments and other subsidiaries with putting improvement plans into place.
- Delivering internal awareness training to employees on maintaining business management standards. This may involve delivering presentations to groups or developing training programs for our e-learning system.
- Closely following developments in legislation and new best practices.
- Maintaining and improving our Responsible Gaming program.
- Building engagement within the organisation for CSR initiatives.
In order to be considered for this role, you must possess:
- A solid appreciation of the CSR agenda and trends relating to responsible business practices.
- Strong awareness of regulation and legislation.
- Project management, planning, and organisation skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting workloads and meet key deadlines.
- Written and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor your approach to different audiences.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills, with a collaborative approach to working, and the ability to bring people on board with new initiatives.
Previous experience of managing business management systems and ISO accreditations would also be beneficial.
You will be given a competitive salary and benefits which include 26 days holiday, a car park onsite and a defined contribution pension scheme.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: LeedsRecruitment@scientificgames.com